First Round is a venture capital firm that provides seed funding to technology startups located in San Francisco.
They recently conducted a survey that yielded more than 500 responses of what it’s like to be an entrepreneur managing a startup today.
- Most think it won’t get easier to get funding
- 73% think we’re in a bubble. Company founders deny the bubble twice as often as their consumer corporate peers. Next year does look optimistic through lens of company founders
- IPO: Not everyone’s clear on the volume of IPOs for next year. Early stage founders think it will take 3 years to go public while late-stage founder think it will take 7 instead.
- 46% think Entrepreneurs will have a say in running their businesses while 57% believe Investors will over the next few year.
- Hiring the right people and growing revenue are top priorities.