Top Insights from McKinsey Global Institute’s Gender Parity Research
- Women are half the world’s working age population but generate only 37% of GDP
- 75% of Global unpaid work done by women.
- 3 Elements – Gender Equality in Society, Economic Development and a Shift in Attitudes are needed to help women achieve their full potential in the workforce.
- 1M+ girls not born each year due to selective sex abortion
- 50% of 4.4B people that are offline are women.
More women participating in the workforce could be of significant benefit to countries with aging populations impact GDP again in countries like Russia and Japan